Wednesday, November 9, 2016

It's The End of the World....

Okay, I know it's not the end of the world, but it certainly feels like it.  Yes, I wanted Hilary to win, was pretty convinced she had it in the bag only to find out there are vast numbers of pissed off white people in rural areas who feel left behind by the economy.  Now I find myself in the position of being pissed off at them for what they've done.

This morning I had a great sense of humor that went along with my despair.  Like, when I got up this morning at 3:30 am because I couldn't sleep through the end of the world, my Dog seemed exuberant.  Then it occurred to me that he just might be a Trump supporter because he does try to hump me sometimes without asking.

Then as I was out walking I thought I should probably give up on physical fitness.  I don't want to get fit and really attractive so that I end up getting my pussy grabbed.  That would be awful.  So I ate some candy at work and had a big lunch to ward that off.

My sister had a great line this morning asking what the hell happened because we thought the election was rigged in Hilary's favor.  Apparently not.

Now it's the end of day one in this new, cock eyed world where a bunch of people have voted for someone they think is going to fix all their problems and I have some really bad news for them.  It ain't happening folks.  I know because I voted for Obama twice - the first time thinking he'd fix the mess and the second knowing that he'd be a lot less messy than Romney.  I voted for Hilary because I know that other guy (I can't say his name, I just can't) is a snake oil salesman you can see coming from a mile away - well, some of us could.

Worry has begun to set in for a lot of my friends and their families.  I saw the posts from the white supremacists - thank you Southern Poverty Law Center.  I think if you voted against Hilary and for the other guy, then you should own this one.  Attached to your vote is a lot of misogynistic, racist talk and I'm afraid action.  Don't try to tell the rest of us you're not like this because that's who you've aligned yourself with.  In their post they refer to the newly elected President as "Our Glorious Leader has ascended to God Emperor".  Doesn't that make your blood run cold?  It did mine.  They claim credit for his win.  He couldn't have done it without them.  So, yeah, you own this one.

I donated to Hilary's campaign.  I felt it was important.  Now I will be sending that money regularly to the American Civil Liberties Union, the Southern Poverty Law Center and Planned Parenthood.   I'll keep reminding myself that this is not what the majority of the people wanted.  Hilary won the popular vote by nearly 2 hundred thousand votes.  It means that we didn't want that other guy.  Now we need to get rid of the electoral college.  It's screwed us twice and we can't afford for that to happen again.

I think we've missed out on a big opportunity to have one of the best presidents this country has ever seen.  She was smart, hard working and more prepared than anyone who came before her.  I guess we're not good enough for that kind of awesomeness.  Instead we're stuck with that other guy.

1 comment:

  1. Here is one old white guy who is as pissed off as you. Many of us old white guys hate to think "you know who" is representative of who we are. My Mother didn't raise me to grow up disrespecting women.

    ReplyDelete