Wednesday, October 2, 2019

My Job Was Eliminated And I'm Fine

Last December I wrote a post about potentially being involved in a lay-off at my company.  Well the band-aid was ripped off in January when my job was eliminated.  I've been having a really interesting year since it happened and I've been writing about it, but I haven't been ready to post publicly.  The good news is I have a job.  I'm also working with some friends who were let go on the same day I was and we're thinking of putting our experience in to a book.  We think people might find it helpful. 

What I want you to know though is if your job is eliminated don't go through it all by yourself.  Reach out to your family and friends and tell everyone what's happened.  You will need their help and the help of many more people as you figure out "Now what?".  That includes me.  I will help anybody.  I've been there and I will help. 

I haven't given up on blogging, I just have to figure out how to mix it back in with everything else I'm trying to do these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment