Saturday, May 27, 2017

Weekend Rambling Thoughts

It's Saturday morning and my sister and her family will be hopping in their mini-van shortly with both their dogs and heading south to Maryland.  I should be finishing up laundry and making beds to get ready for them, but I'm not.  I'm engaging in what my sister and I refer to as 'self-sabotage'.  You may remember it from your college days when you were working on a term paper.  You can find all kinds of things to do and become thoroughly engrossed in but that.  I recall someone asking how long it takes to write a term paper and the answer was, how long have I got?

I really need to walk my dog and then get on my bike for an hour.  I have a trip coming up in June where I'll be on a bike a lot and I'm not sure my legs or my behind are up for the job.  I managed to self-sabotage my plans for daily bike riding over the past few months with excuses like it's too cold, or it's too wet when in reality I just couldn't focus on the task at hand.  Although, it was pouring buckets on Thursday morning and it was chilly so I'm going to say not going was legit.

Part of my problem is my laptop and all the social applications I just can't get enough of.  I keep saying I'm going to break myself of my Facebook and Twitter habits but I can't.   They're a total time suck.  I also bought myself an Apple TV for the living room and my bedroom and I love surfing all my options.  I love a good binge watch.

Also, much to my dismay,  my heat pump/air conditioner decided this was a good time to say goodbye to the world.  I worked from home yesterday while the new system was installed, but it meant I couldn't get to the laundry!  Very convenient excuse.  My laundry area in my basement has been on my 'to do' list for a while and so last weekend I had started to get it organized.  When I first start I actually make more of a mess before the actual clean up starts.  I need to create piles to figure out what needs to be trashed, recycled, given away, etc.,.  Anyway of course the indoor unit is right there by the laundry area.  I had to make sure the guys had room to work which meant moving some trash bags and stacking stuff on top of the washer and dryer, and then just staying out of their way.

Anyway, here I am writing a blog post when I haven't had the need to write about anything in a long time and suddenly this morning, with laundry looming and all the other things I need to get done, I'm blogging.  Of course!!  That's how self-sabotage works.

I have a lot of things I want to write about but one of them is just too taxing (Trump).  I don't know about a lot of you, but I'm exhausted trying to keep up with the shenanigans of the current administration.  I really need this long weekend of rest to think about nothing and just enjoy family.

My Dad turns 80 on Sunday and we're all gathering at my parents' house for a milestone celebration.  Both my parents are doing really well and it will be a fun celebration.  Hopefully we won't talk politics, not because we disagree but because it's just too depressing.

On Monday I'll be in a good frame of mind for the Memorial Day holiday.   One thing that might help my motivation before then though is for the sun to come out.  I don't know about you, but I've had enough of this gloomy weather to last a lifetime.

I think I just heard the buzzer on the dryer so I'll sign off and wish everyone a very nice holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment